Vultr.com is a rapidly growing cloud hosting provider with 16 points of presence worldwide. Our company works with cutting edge technology to power some of the most popular web applications in the world. We are seeking experienced software developers to join our team of technology professionals located in Matawan, New Jersey or our brand new office in West Palm Beach, Florida.
As part of the development team at Vultr, you will be working closely with our systems engineers to improve our worldwide platform and play a critical role in developing tomorrow's cloud products. Our team's software powers the platform behind everything our customers see and use diverse skill sets to solve issues ranging from web design to infrastructure automation.
We are seeking detail oriented linux kernel developers looking to solve unique challenges with elegant, reliable and scalable solutions.
- Optimize kernel and hypervisor configurations for best performance and lead reliability testing across varied server workloads
- Troubleshoot reliability issues, debug kernel crashes, and identify necessary patches
- Evaluate and propose new performance and security enhancements
- Maintain and roll out packages for our core technologies
- Strong understanding of virtualization technologies, including KVM, QEMU, and libvirt
- Comprehension of the linux kernel at the lowest levels and/or previous kernel development history
- Strong foundation with C/C++
- Expert linux system administrator with good grasp of security concepts, package managers, automation toolsets (puppet, ansible, etc) and the open source ecosystem
- Good understanding of networking concept and experience with software based networking (Quagga/FRRouting/BIRD)
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to clearly convey technical ideas to individuals with varying levels of technical understanding
- Bachelor's degree, or equivalent related work experience and skills
Work out of our Corporate Office in Matawan, NJ -- there's no need to commute to/from NYC! Are you a Floridian? You may also work from our office in West Palm Beach! We are staffed 24/7/365 so flexible working hours are available. Coffee and beverages are always fully stocked. Once eligible, your employment includes Medical insurance (individual) and a 401k plan with matching of up to 3% of your contribution!